DDI: 03 943 0584 • M: 021 743 237 • Email Erin
Erin is an award-winning communications practitioner with extensive experience in all facets of public relations and strategic communications. She began her career in Australia, working with some of the world’s leading brands.
She has become a trusted advisor to a diverse range of Convergence clients in Canterbury, and throughout the country, in the 17 years since co-founding the South Island’s largest communications consultancy.
Erin combines creativity and strategic thinking in her approach to clients’ projects. This is especially valuable in crisis management where Erin brings a cool head and relevant experience. She worked for both the West Coast DHB (immediately after the Pike River Coal mine disaster), Pike River Coal and the appointed receivers, assisting all organisations across a tough time providing strategic communications, stakeholder engagement and media relations advice.
Erin has also worked on crises involving troubled companies, serious industrial accidents, harm incidents and product recalls – to name just a few. While many of these have been high profile, equally notable are the crises that did not linger in the news headlines thanks to Erin’s involvement.
As a keen follower of all things political, one of the highlight’s of Erin’s career to date was managing the media relations for former United States Secretary of State, Hilary Clinton’s speaking tour in Auckland. Closer to home, Erin’s understanding and connections across local and central government sees her advice sought on many areas affecting business and issues of representation.
Erin is passionate about the power of communities, the grassroots sharing of information and the importance of listening. She has worked on community engagement, stakeholder relations, media and issues management for many irrigation companies and other organisations seeking resource consents or embarking on major projects.
Over the past decade, Erin has worked on both private and public health education campaigns and transformational change programmes in the sector.
Outside work Erin likes to travel, keep fit and spend time with her family. She is an avid dog lover and walks her rambunctious fox terrier, Miss Squeaky, along with adopted dogs Rodger and Ralph, in the Port Hills.
Qualifications and Achievements
- Post Graduate Diploma in Business Administration, Massey University, New Zealand (2015)
- Awarded Certificate of Excellence from Massey University for scholarly excellence as one of the top students in Political Communication (Distance Learning – 2015)
- Bachelor of Arts in Communications (double major in Marketing and Public Relations), University of Canberra, Australia
- Winner, inaugural Crystal Clear Literacy Award for Stopping Swine Flu in Canterbury, 2010 PRINZ Awards
- Highly commended, 2010 PRINZ Awards – government or quasi-government category
- Trustee – Court Theatre Trust
- Trustee – Naval Point Marine Rescue Centre Trust
- FPRINZ (Fellow, Public Relations Institute of NZ)
- Previous governance roles: Gardens Event Trust – Christchurch City Council, Aoraki Polytechnic Media Advisory Panel, Banks Peninsula District Tourism and Economic Development Board
- Completed the Directors course run by the New Zealand Institute of Directors