During the last two decades, Miranda has developed an enviable depth of international experience in the online world, starting out as the original ‘digital evangelist’ for the BBC ‘s Multimedia Centre, through to brand-building for corporates in the UK and now Australia / New Zealand.
A stickler for ensuring the strategy is right before spending clients’ money on implementation, Miranda takes the guess-work out of digital marketing through astute use of research. This ensures your online marketing and communications meets both your needs and those of your customers.
Proudly ‘platform agnostic’, Miranda’s point of difference being she is not wedded to established channels and techniques, and actively keeps tabs on international trends in this incredibly fast-moving sector.
In the UK and Australia, Miranda has advised blue chip clients that include Johnson & Johnson, Commonwealth Bank, Saatchi & Saatchi, AC Nielsen and Kmart, in addition to numerous broadcasting agencies. She has also trained hundreds of businesses in numerous aspects of business, marketing and digital strategy, and acts as a consultant, mentor and coach. She currently works with the Australian Association of Data Driven Marketing and Advertising (ADMA) and is part of a team that developed ADMA’s new digital and content marketing strategy.
Miranda is a dynamic entrepreneur with a proven track record having founded and sold three companies in the digital, multimedia and natural cosmetics markets. She is particularly passionate about educating and inspiring women towards optimum health and well-being. Launching her own beauty products business Inika as a kitchen table start up in 2006, Miranda created a global, multi-million dollar business that filled the void in the market for safe and stylish, high quality makeup that was certified organic, vegan, cruelty free and halal. Miranda and Inika won more than 35 awards for product excellence and innovation, including reaching the position of 51 out of Australia’s top 100 fastest growing companies in the 2010 BRW Fast Starters Awards. In November 2013 Miranda sold Inika to Total Beauty Network, the company behind the Designer Brands makeup range, and the brand continues to go from strength to strength.
Qualifications and Achievements
- BA Hons English and Drama, Brunell University, London
- Listed in the current Who’s Who of Australian Women
- In Style Magazine Woman of Style Award 2011 – Cosmetics
- BRW Fast Starters Awards 2010 – Fastest 100 Growing Companies in Australia
- Australian Beauty Awards 2010 ACP Magazines – Best Foundation
- Marie Claire Magazine Best of Beauty Awards 2010 – Best Foundation Finalist
- Illawarra Business Awards 2009 – Innovation
- Illawarra Business Awards 2009 – Business Woman of the Year
- Organic Expo Awards 2009 Gold medal – Most Innovative Product
- Natural Health Products Magazine UK 2009 Natural Health Beauty Awards – Best Foundation
- NSW Business Chamber 2008 Business Awards – Export finalist
- Illawarra Business Awards 2008 – Export and Sustainability finalist
- Cleo Magazine Beauty Awards 2007 – Silver award Inika Mineral Foundation