DDI: 03 943 0586 • Email Rhianna
Rhianna has developed a well-rounded career in the media industry, specialising in journalism and public relations.
As a qualified newspaper and online journalist, Rhianna’s strong news sense and writing prowess ensure she is adept at crafting written materials that communicate key messages clearly and concisely. She is a perfectionist at heart and is known among her peers for an ability to turn technical or theoretical concepts into language easily understood by target audiences.
Rhianna enjoys generating innovative ideas and always asks the hard questions to ensure no news angle is left unturned. Her copy is informative, original and refreshing, and she is more than capable of penning a lengthy business feature as she is a hard-hitting news report or catchy website article.
She has worked as a public relations officer for a brand management company on Australia’s Gold Coast where she used her practical skills in journalism, media relations, strategic communication, event management and social media to increase the profile of music artists and DJs. She was an active team member who played an integral role in developing communication strategies to generate sales from new and existing customers, drive brand/product evolution and prompt media endorsements.
Rhianna has strength of character that is not easily discouraged by adversity. She prides herself on ensuring objectives are clearly understood and completes all tasks with a high standard of accuracy.
Rhianna relocated to Christchurch in May 2014, and jumped at the opportunity to join the Convergence team.
Qualifications and Achievements
- Bachelor of Journalism (majoring in Radio, Television and Digital Communication) – Distinction, Queensland University of Technology (QUT), Brisbane, Australia
- Highly Commended in Sustained Public Relations, 2017 PRINZ Awards for ‘Ethique – making beauty eco-friendly’
- Digital Strategy Training Course 2015 – Miranda Bond Consulting
- Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) Training Course 2015 – Miranda Bond Consulting
- Facebook Strategy for Business Course 2015 – Isentia Group
- Attendee of 2014 New Zealand Social Media Forum #NZSOMO
- Online Journalism Award 2010 – Queensland University of Technology
- Dean’s Academic Excellence Award 2009 – Queensland University of Technology