DDI: 03 943 0586 • Email Rhianna
Rhianna has developed a well-rounded career in the media industry, specialising in journalism and public relations.
As a qualified newspaper and online journalist, Rhianna’s strong news sense and writing prowess ensure she is adept at crafting written materials that communicate key messages clearly and concisely. She is a perfectionist at heart and is known among her peers for an ability to turn technical or theoretical concepts into language easily understood by target audiences.
Rhianna enjoys generating innovative ideas and always asks the hard questions to ensure no news angle is left unturned. Her copy is informative, original and refreshing, and she is more than capable of penning a lengthy business feature as she is a hard-hitting news report or catchy website article.
She has worked as a public relations officer for a brand management company on Australia’s Gold Coast where she used her practical skills in journalism, media relations, strategic communication, event management and social media to increase the profile of music artists and DJs. She played an integral role in developing communication strategies to generate sales from new and existing customers, drive brand/product evolution and prompt media endorsements.
Rhianna is also a closet science geek who has a particular interest in environmental and marine sciences, research and innovation. While completing her final year of secondary school, Rhianna conducted an independent scientific research experiment to redesign the chemical composition of plastic bags, making them biodegradable for turtles. She was awarded a prestigious CSIRO Gold Crest Award for the project, and achieved first place in the Australian Eureka Science competition and first place in the Griffith University Earth and Planetary Sciences competition.
Rhianna relocated to Christchurch in May 2014 to join the Convergence team.
Qualifications and Achievements
- Bachelor of Journalism (majoring in Radio, Television and Digital Communication) – Distinction, Queensland University of Technology (QUT), Brisbane, Australia
- Highly Commended in Sustained Public Relations, 2017 PRINZ Awards for ‘Ethique – making beauty eco-friendly’
- Co-ordinated Incident Management System (CIMS 2) NZQA Level 2 certification, 2017 – Devereux-Blum Training and Development Ltd
- Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) Training Course 2017 – Eminence Marketing
- Digital Strategy Training Course 2015 – Miranda Bond Consulting
- Facebook Strategy for Business Course 2015 – Isentia Group
- Online Journalism Award 2010 – Queensland University of Technology
- Dean’s Academic Excellence Award 2009 – Queensland University of Technology
- CSIRO Gold Crest Award, 2006
- First place in the Australian Eureka Science competition, 2006
- First place in the Griffith University Earth and Planetary Sciences competition, 2006