DDI: 03 943 0584 • M: 021 743 237 • Email Erin
Erin is an award-winning communications practitioner with extensive experience in all facets of public relations and strategic communications. She began her career in Australia, working with world leading brands such as Moet & Chandon before moving to New Zealand and taking up an in-house role at the Lyttelton Port of Christchurch.
Since co-founding Convergence she’s become a trusted advisor to a diverse range of clients throughout the country.
Erin combines creativity and strategic thinking in her approach to clients’ projects. This is especially valuable in crisis management where Erin brings a cool head, skills and experience. She worked for the West Coast DHB (immediately after the Pike River Coal mine disaster), Pike River Coal and the appointed receivers, providing strategic communications, stakeholder engagement and media relations advice.
Erin has also worked on crises including serious industrial accidents and product recalls. While many of these were high profile, equally notable are the crises that did not linger in the news headlines thanks to Erin’s involvement.
As a keen follower of all things political, a highlight of Erin’s career to date was managing media relations for former United States Secretary of State, Hilary Clinton’s speaking tour in Auckland. Erin’s understanding and connections across local and central government mean her advice is keenly sought by clients.
Erin is passionate about the power of communities, the grassroots sharing of information and the importance of listening. She works on community engagement, stakeholder relations, media and issues management for many organisations seeking resource consents or embarking on major projects.
She has worked on private and public health education campaigns and transformational change programmes.
Outside work Erin likes to travel, keep fit and spend time with her family. She is an avid dog lover and walks her adopted dogs Rodger and Ralph in the Port Hills.
Erin’s Qualifications and Achievements
- Bachelor of Arts in Communications in Marketing and Public Relations, University of Canberra
- Fellow of the Public Relations Institute of New Zealand (FPRINZ)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Business Administration, Massey University
- Awarded Certificate of Excellence from Massey University for scholarly excellence as one of the top students in Political Communication (Distance Learning – 2015)
- Silver award – Community and Stakeholder Engagement, 2021 PRINZ Awards for ‘Canterbury Museum – the need for change’
- Highly Commended in Sustained Public Relations, 2019 PRINZ Awards for Rescuing Husky Rescue
- Highly commended, 2010 PRINZ Awards for ‘Stopping Swine Flu in Canterbury’ and Winner, inaugural Crystal Clear Literacy Award
- Trustee – Court Theatre Trust
- Trustee – Naval Point Marine Rescue Centre Trust
- Previous governance roles: Gardens Event Trust – Christchurch City Council, Aoraki Polytechnic Media Advisory Panel, Banks Peninsula District Tourism and Economic Development Board
- Completed the New Zealand Institute of Directors’ Company Directors’ Course