DDI: 03 943 0581 • M: 022 092 2573 • Email Katie
Katie has 10 years’ experience in communications, where she’s gained expertise in a wide range of public relations and corporate communications work, including stakeholder engagement, strategy development, media relations and issues management across the public and private sectors.
Many of her clients are in the health and rural sectors, and she brings extensive knowledge of these sectors and their associated regulatory challenges.
Before moving into communications, Katie worked as a journalist here and overseas for national and international publications.
A scholarship from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade, in conjunction with the Asia New Zealand Foundation, led to a posting at the highly regarded Tempo Magazine in Jakarta – Indonesia’s version of Time Magazine. Here Katie reported on issues such as corruption, human rights and religious confrontation.
During a two-year stint in the United Kingdom and Europe, Katie worked for leading online news agency Adfero in London. Based in its business-to-business division, she produced tailored media content for prominent financial, government and not-for-profit organisations.
Before joining Convergence, Katie managed communications for Ronald McDonald House in Christchurch, one of the South Island’s largest not-for-profit organisations. She was responsible for media relations, issues management, stakeholder engagement and community relations.
Outside work Katie likes to head outdoors with her husband and two young daughters. They are all keen on mountain biking, skiing, camping and boating.
Katie’s Qualifications and Achievements
- APR (professional accreditation in public relations by the Public Relations Institute of NZ)
- Co-winner Supreme national award and Gold Award-winner – Government Relations and Public Affairs, 2021 PRINZ Awards for ‘The campaign to end silence’
- Postgraduate Diploma in Journalism, University of Canterbury (highest marks overall for general news and local government reporting)
- Bachelor of Arts in Communications and Political Science, University of Canterbury
- Member, Golden Key International Honour Society (in recognition of being within the top 15% of undergraduates at the University of Canterbury)
- Recipient of a South East Asia Media Scholarship via the Asia New Zealand Foundation and Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade (four-week media placement in Indonesia)