DDI: 03 943 0585 • M: 021 594 052 • Email Leigh
Convergence Managing Partner, Leigh Harris has 30 years’ experience in Public Relations consultancy, corporate communications, and TV journalism and production.
A commercially astute corporate communications specialist, Leigh has a keen eye for the difference between strategic and tactical thinking. She is particularly adept at key message development and is called upon regularly to help clients refine how their brand can be expressed in conversational, easily repeatable phrases.
Leigh brings a high attention to detail to each client project and enjoys simplifying complex and often highly technical information. In addition to her management responsibilities, she provides a quality control filter for Convergence clients nationally.
Leigh has particular interest in innovation and new business ventures, manufacturing and technology, property, entertainment and consumer goods. As the former communications manager for Wools of New Zealand, the international marketing division of the New Zealand Wool Board, Leigh developed an interest in agriculture and provides strategic input into our rural sector accounts.
Media training is another of Leigh’s specialities and she regularly helps corporate leaders to put their best foot forward publicly. With a background in television reporting and presenting, Leigh is adept at building clients’ confidence and preparing them for speeches, challenging media interviews and other situations requiring strong personal presentation skills. Her TV experience is also invaluable for video production and other projects requiring visual solutions.
Leigh enjoys work that involves strategic advisory, complex project management, messaging, media and presentation training, and projects requiring public participation and/or carefully considered communications with local communities.
She splits her time between homes in Queenstown and Christchurch, indulging her passion for skiing, gardening, interior design and generally soaking up the great outdoors.
Leigh’s Qualifications and Achievements
- APR (professional accreditation in PR by the Public Relations Institute of NZ)
- Fellow of the Public Relations Institute of New Zealand (FPRINZ)
- New Zealand Institute of Directors’ Company Directors’ Course
- Bachelor of Arts in Political Science, University of Canterbury
- Certificate in Broadcasting Journalism (with Special Commendation), CPIT
- Highly Commended in Sustained Public Relations, 2019 PRINZ Awards for ‘Rescuing Husky Rescue’
- Highly Commended in Sustained Public Relations, 2017 PRINZ Awards for ‘Ethique – making beauty eco-friendly’
- Highly Commended, 1999 PRINZ Awards for Wools of New Zealand’s NZ Four Catwalk Show at London Fashion Week
- IAP2 Certificate in Public Participation – the International Association for Public Participation