DDI: 03 943 0585 • M: 021 594 052 • Email Leigh
Convergence managing partner, Leigh Harris has more than 20 years experience in PR consultancy, corporate communications, and TV journalism and production.
A corporate communications specialist, Leigh has a keen eye for the difference between strategic and tactical thinking. She is particularly adept at ‘key message’ development and is called upon regularly to help companies and organisations refine how their brand can be expressed in conversational, easily repeatable phrases.
Leigh brings a high attention to detail to each client project and enjoys simplifying complex and often highly technical information. In addition to her management responsibilities she acts as overall quality control manager for Convergence clients nationally.
As the former communications manager for Wools of New Zealand, the international marketing division of the New Zealand Wool Board, Leigh developed an interest in agriculture and provides strategic input into the company’s various rural sector accounts.
Media training is another of Leigh’s specialities and she routinely assists corporate leaders to put their best foot forward publicly. With a background in television reporting and presenting, Leigh is adept at building clients’ confidence and preparing them for speeches, difficult media interviews and other situations requiring strong personal presentation skills. Her TV experience is also invaluable for video production and other projects requiring visual solutions.
Leigh enjoys work that involves strategic advisory, complex project management, messaging, media and presentation training, and projects requiring public participation and /or carefully considered communications with local communities.
She provides support to numerous young entrepreneurs, helping build their confidence and their profile. Leigh is currently working with Unfiltereds’ Jake Millar, Ethique’s Brianne West, Student Volunteer Army’s’ Sam Johnson, Korure‘s Ron Park and Wool+Aid‘s Lucas Smith
Qualifications and Achievements
- APR (professional accreditation in PR by the Public Relations Institute of NZ)
- FPRINZ (Fellow, Public Relations Institute of NZ)
- Member, Institute of Directors
- Certificate in ‘Directing a Company’, Institute of Directors
- Bachelor of Arts in Political Science, University of Canterbury
- Certificate in Broadcasting Journalism (with Special Commendation), CPIT
- Trustee – Volunteer Army Foundation
- Highly Commended in Sustained Public Relations, 2017 PRINZ Awards for ‘Ethique – making beauty eco-friendly’
- Highly Commended, 1999 PRINZ Awards for Wools of New Zealand’s ‘NZ Four’ Catwalk Show at London Fashion Week
- IAP2 Certificate in Public Participation – the International Association for Public Participation